Title: Director of Development & Community Engagement (Newly created position) Location: Staffworks Utica Competitive salary & benefit package plus bonus
COMPANY OVERVIEW: Staffworks Inc was established in 1994 by Utica native, Anita Vitullo. The company has grown to eight service and recruiting centers becoming Central New York's largest independently owned staffing services company. Business lines include all skill levels of temporary help and direct placement.
In 2021, over 6000 Staffworks employees have been placed at client worksites in business services, manufacturing, and health care positions. Philanthropy and community engagement are core values of Staffworks Inc.
• 2005 Established the Staffworks Fund at the Community Foundation of Herkimer and Oneida Counties to support nonprofit organizations that provide direct care and services for animals and people. Today, the Community Foundation manages over $20 million in Staffworks charitable funds. In addition, Staffworks has donated over $10 million to nonprofit organizations.
• 2013 Staffworks charitable funds reached $1 million resulting in the largest living donor fund at the Community Foundation.
• 2014 Launched the annual Save A life Campaign that provides matching Staffworks funds for donor contributions. The Campaign has raised over $8 million for animal welfare organizations.
• 2018 Staffworks charitable funds reached $10 million resulting in the largest living donor fund at the Community Foundation.
• 2021 Stevens Swan Humane Society in Utica was renamed Anita’s Stevens Swan Humane Society in honor of a $2 million Staffworks donation.
• 2021 Launched the Because You Give Campaign, in support of Anita’s Stevens Swan Humane Society. Pledged a $2 million campaign match.
• 2021 Donated $1 million to the new MVHS hospital. KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Promotion of the Staffworks Inc brand and Staffworks Fund philanthropy. • Coordination of business and philanthropic initiatives.
• Development of funding steams and donor cultivation.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
1) Marketing and Public Relations Staffworks Inc & Staffworks Fund
• Oversee marketing initiatives and activities for Staffworks Inc and the Staffworks Fund for campaigns, events, sponsorships, and programs to enhance the Staffworks brand. • Manage all representations of the Staffworks brand. • Work with external sources to expand brand building by developing promotional and media opportunities. • Create and execute marketing campaigns utilizing a variety of platforms including social channels and traditional media. • Manage the Staffworks website and social media sites. • Guide external agencies in the development of creative materials, media productions, and marketing promotions. • Manage marketing agencies, vendors, and consultants, including strategic input, copywriting, design, timelines, and approval and/or feedback on deliverables. • Design and produce documents, reports, and presentations; collecting and preparing information that support marketing initiatives. • Keep President informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities pertaining to marketing, communications. • Anticipate and fulfill President’s needs in advance of meetings, public relations events, etc., arrange and manage logistics.
2) Fund & Donor Development - Anita’s Stevens Swan Humane Society • Serve as a conduit for communications between President, external vendors/consultants, and the Humane Society on fundraising and donor cultivation. • Work collaboratively with the President, the Board, fundraising volunteers and external consultants in supporting the organization’s strategic efforts to identify, cultivate, solicit, and steward major and community donors. • Collaborate on donor database, ensure relevant information is recorded, data reports are provided and generate donor cultivation initiatives. • Work with Humane Society staff and the Community Foundation to ensure that all gifts are accurately recorded and acknowledged in a timely manner. • Serve as prospect manager for the Because You Give Campaign. • Use wealth screening tool to identify additional prospects. • Manage and participate in major and planned gift solicitations. • Manage the Business Partners program, develop a prospect list, coordinate/conduct/participate in solicitations, consult with A-SSHS in terms of event-related benefits for the program. • Maintain ongoing communications with campaign committee to monitor progress and facilitate ongoing solicitations. • Prepare Campaign progress reports as needed for the campaign committee and the A-SSHS Board.
3) Fund Development - Staffworks Fund & Save a Life Campaign • Support participating animal welfare organizations. • Work collaboratively with fundraising company/consultant/Community Foundation in planning and execution of development initiatives and campaigns. • Manage, distribute reports, maintain data.
EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS/ QUALIFICATIONS/ EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s degree required
• Proven leadership skills in a career position.
• Experience working with teams and committees.
• Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in fundraising with personal solicitation experience highly preferred.
• Outstanding interpersonal skills; ability to successfully engage individuals and large groups in meetings and public events.
• Excellent oral, written and public presentation communication skills.
• Significant proficiency with fundraising databases as well as basic office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.).
• Must possess the judgement and ability to make independent decisions when appropriate.
Staffworks is a welcoming work environment for all people
Please visit our website at ~~~